Reporting to the Administration Officer, the job holder will be responsible for operating the company’s vehicle in a safe and effective manner, ensuring that the vehicle is in good operating condition at all times and maintaining the work ticket for vehicle assigned and keeping operational records by:
- Ensuring that the servicing and repairs are done on time;
- Operating the company’s vehicle in a safe and effective manner in compliance with all state and national safety regulations and standards minimize the risk of injury or loss of life;
- Advising the administration officer of any requirement for maintenance and repairs;
- Ensuring the vehicle is safely and securely stored;
- Maintaining passenger confidence by keeping information strictly confidential;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle system;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle cooling, oil, electrical and brake system, tyre pressure etc;
- Fulfilling special requests for the office by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands; and
- Collection, pickup and delivery of mail and other materials as required from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
In the execution of this assignment, the Driver/ Messenger will be expected to ensure and uphold exemplary Corporate Governance in line with the organization’s core values and promote a robust performance-driven culture.
Candidates must have the following qualifications: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean Grade of D plain and above or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A clean driving license in classes B, C and E with at least 4 years demonstrable accident free experience in public or private sector;
- Good communication skills;
- High level of integrity.
Related Job Experience
- Must have at least 3 years’ accident-free driving experience.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
The candidate must possess the following skills and competencies: –
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Energy Sector in Kenya;
- Demonstrate understanding of public service values;
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Be detail oriented, have ability to meet deadlines, while delivering on high quality results.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual term of six (6) months, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets.
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position.