3 December, 2019
This will be the entry and training grade for Information Officers. An officer at this level will be deployed either at the County Headquarters or in a field office to assisting information services work.
Duties and responsibilities will include; Gathering news, Verifying authenticity of news; initial editing and dispatching news and features to the Departmental Headquarters and media houses.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) a minimum of C+ in English or Kiswahili and C in any other relevant subject or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- have a Bachelor’s in any of the following: Journalism, Mass Communication, Internal Relations, Communication Studies, or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution; and
- Be proficient in computer
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Certificate of good conduct from the police
- CRB Clearance Certificate