9 October, 2019
To provide technical support to research teams in the setup of laboratory experiments, analysis of samples/data and recording of applied processes and procedures in order to meet clinical research objectives.
- Conduct experiments, interpret and document results through the use of routine and basic laboratory procedures involving manual techniques or use of laboratory instruments.
- Standardise, calibrate and carry out preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instrument.
- Receive samples and ensure that relevant support documentation is provided and process in line with relevant QC guidelines; document sample and process information.
- Liaise with Nurses, clinicians, health care workers and public in order to ensure that relevant samples are taken/ provided, resolve discrepancies and to communicate results in line with laid down procedures.
- Participate in various QAQC, EQA, IQC and regulatory agency activities within the assigned section, including developing and documenting QC monitors.
- Provide technical advice to researchers in the design of experiments.
- Set up laboratory equipment and experiments and guide researchers on use of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases and prepare reports as may be required.
- Monitor lab resources and inform relevant staff on the replenishment.
- Manage and dispose of waste in line with laid down guidelines including segregation and use of specified waste disposal facilities.
- Continually comply with all laid down QMS guidelines/ standards/ SOPs and comply with all health and safety guidelines.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Knowledge and understanding of GCLPs and regulatory/ accreditation agency requirements.
- Knowledge of laboratory Health and Safety practices.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong analytical and follow through ability; attentive to detail.
- Ability to follow laid down processes and procedures.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.