13 August, 2019
Job Ref No.: KLDC/007/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Consolidating the budget and revised budget as per guidelines issued.
- Authorizing all expenditure as per set ceilings.
- Ensuring timely, accurate preparation of expenditure returns from departments, sections and regional offices, where applicable.
- Supervising preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reports.
- Ensuring quarterly financial management reports are submitted to parent Ministry and National Treasury as per PFM Act.
- Developing and reviewing supplementary financial policies, procedures, and regulations to enhance internal controls established through Treasury regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures in financial management.
- Authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits.
- Liaising with parent Ministry and National Treasury for release of funds.
- Handling all correspondences relating to the Department with external parties.
- Reviewing all audit queries pertaining to the Department.
- Interpreting National Treasury circulars issued from time to time.
- Training and development of finance staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years work experience, at least three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the following:- Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution is an added advantage.
- Be a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant Part III (CPA K,) or Associate of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA).
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or or any other recognized professional body.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
The post Manager (Finance & Accounts) at Kenya Leather Development Council appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.