The mason (Grade 2) is responsible for repair of wooden furniture and fixtures in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organisation.
- Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance of masonry fixtures in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Skills” section below, in order to ensure such equipment and systems are functional and safe for use.
- Carry out inspections of masonry fixtures in order to ascertain if they are functional and safe for use.
- Carry out basic carpentry and plumbing repairs in Java locations assigned.
- Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
- Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
- Craft Certificate / Trade Test in masonry from a recognized training institution.
- at least 1 year’s practical experience as a mason.
- Proficiency in the following areas:
- Repair of concrete, terrazzo, plaster and tiles on walls and floors to original state and to the required standard.
- Application of waterproof roofing materials, including bitumen and APP.
- Construction and modification of concrete structures.
- Basic painting, carpentry and plumbing skills.
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili language skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Able to prioritise work efficiently.