13 August, 2019
JOB GRADE KLDC 4 (1 Position)
Job Ref No.: KLDC/010/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Procuring goods, services and works.
- Conducting disposal of stores and equipment.
- Undertaking market surveys and research.
- Managing and controlling inventory.
- Maintaining and updating list of prequalified supplies, consultants and contractors.
- Implementing decisions of the procurement, tender and disposal committees.
- Preparing contract documents, purchase and service orders.
- Participating in the evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals; inspection and acceptance of goods, works and services.
- Preparing statutory reports.
- Providing secretarial services and advice to relevant committees.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years work experience in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Procurement and Supplies Management, Procurement and Logistics, Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option), Economics or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Be a member of a professional body – either KISM or CIPS or both.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.